We’ve found that rubber latex doesn’t really cut it when making pup hoods as it doesn’t hold its own weight very well, unlike neoprene which is perfect. So we’ve looked at silicone as an alternative, since we already use this for the rubber spikes we made (which fit all pup hoods by all accounts).
After initial tests we found that skin safe silicone tears easily if pulled when it’s only 2-3mm with a rivet through it, so we’ve come up with a way to strength it, and works well.
We’ve sent out a couple of hoods to a couple of pups for testing, just to make sure, but we’re pretty confident about this working.
Detachable rivets are an issue so we’re holding off making anything detachable with these just yet.